In this article we show you natural solutions to remove soap scum from your bathroom surfaces.
Option 1: Straight Vinegar
Vinegar is an acidic substance that can dissolve soap scum. You can use white vinegar or apple cider vinegar, whichever you have on hand. All you need to do is fill a spray bottle with vinegar.
Option 2: Citric Acid Solution
Citric acid is another acidic substance that can dissolve soap scum. Mix 1 teaspoon of citric acid powder with 500ml of warm water and pour the solution into a spray bottle.
Here is how you use either solution:
- Spray the solution directly onto the soap scum.
- Let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Scrub the surface with a brush or sponge.
- Rinse the surface with water and dry it with a cloth.
Turning the Solution into a Gel
If you prefer a gel-like consistency for the either solution, you can easily make it into a gel. Here's how:
These 2 ingredients combined will create a gel like substance that with thicken water-based solutions.
- 1/4 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 tablespoon Glycerine
Thickening Gel Instructions:
- Add the Glycerine and Xanthan Gum into a bowl and mix well until it is free of lumps & forms a gel.
- Add your vinegar or citric solution and whisk until it is fully combined and the mixture is the consistency you desire.
Now you have a soap scum remover gel that you can easily apply to your bathroom surfaces!
P.S Remember you can purchase all the green cleaning products right her at Under Your Sink. We would love the support. Thank you!