Looking for a natural and cost-effective way to wash your dishes? Making your own dishwashing liquid is easier than you might think. And the best part? This liquid is versatile enough to be used as a hand wash, shampoo, and even pet wash.
- 50ml Liquid Castile Soap
- 450ml Distilled water
- 1/4 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Glycerine
- 5-10 drops Essential oils of your choice (optional)
- Mixing bowl
- Pump bottle to store and use
This will make roughly 500ml
- First create the thickening mixture by adding the glycerine and xanthan gum into the bowl. Mix them thoroughly until the mixture is smooth and forms a gel-like consistency.
- Add the castile soap then slowly add the water to the gel mixture while whisking gently. Be careful not to create too many bubbles and keep whisking until you have reached your desired consistency.
- Transfer the mixture to a pump bottle, and it's ready to use. Store any leftovers in an airtight container.
- Shake well before each use.
MORE THAN ONE USE
- To use as a dish wash, simply apply a small amount of the liquid onto a sponge or directly onto your dishes and wash as normal.
- For hand wash, apply a small amount of the liquid onto your hands, lather, and rinse.
- For shampoo, wet your hair, apply a small amount of the liquid onto your scalp and massage into your hair. Rinse well with warm water.
- For pet wash, apply a small amount of the liquid onto your pet’s wet coat, lather, and rinse well. Avoid contact with their eyes.
I hope you gained some value from this article. Remember you can purchase all the green cleaning products right her at Under Your Sink. We would love the support. Thank you!