Using washing soda in natural cleaning solutions is straightforward and effective. Here's how to harness its cleaning power in various applications.
All-Purpose Cleaner & Grease-Cutting Spray
- Mix 1 tablespoon of washing soda with 500ml of warm water and pour the solution into a spray bottle.
- Shake well before use, then spray onto surfaces like countertops, sinks, and tiles.
- Allow it to sit for a few minutes then wipe clean with a cloth.
- Add 1/4 cup of washing soda to your regular laundry load to enhance cleaning power and soften water.
- OR use it in your own handmade washing powder, get the Laundry Wash recipe here
- Create a paste by mixing washing soda with warm water creating a thick consistency.
- Apply the paste to the interior of your oven, avoiding heating elements.
- Let it sit overnight then scrub and wipe away grime the next day.
- Combine 1/4 cup of washing soda with warm water to create a paste.
- Apply the paste to sinks, tubs, and tiles.
- Allow it to sit for a few minutes, then scrub and rinse thoroughly.
DIY Dishwasher Powder
- Mix equal parts sodium percarbonate and washing soda and store in an airtight container.
- When required add 1 tablespoon (approx. 25g) to the detergent compartment of your dishwasher.
- Operate your dishwasher as per manufacturer’s instructions.
The list goes on…
There are so many more options and solutions for washing soda than we can list here, but I think you get the general idea that is versatile and amazing!
Remember, while washing soda is effective, it's important to do a patch test on a small, inconspicuous area before using it on a larger scale, especially on sensitive surfaces. Additionally, wear gloves when handling and mixing washing soda.
You can purchase pure WASHING SODA here, delivered Australia wide in plastic free packaging.