Using borax for natural cleaning solutions is simple and effective. Here are some common ways to incorporate borax into your DIY cleaning routine:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of borax with 2 cups of hot water until dissolved.
- Pour the solution into a spray bottle and use it to clean surfaces like countertops, sinks, and appliances.
- Add 1/4 cup of borax to your laundry load along with your regular detergent.
- This boosts detergent efficiency, brightens whites, and aids in stain removal.
- Combine borax, washing soda and soap flakes to make a versatile paste you can store and use anytime. Get the Multipurpose paste recipe here.
DIY Dishwasher Powder
- In areas of hard water, you can add borax to your homemade dish powder.
- Mix equal parts of percarbonate, washing soda and borax and use 1 tablespoon (approx. 25g) per load
- Mix equal parts borax and sugar.
- Sprinkle the mixture in areas frequented by pests, discouraging their presence.
While it's considered safe for household use, avoid ingesting, keep it out of reach of children and pets, and use gloves when handling it directly. Additionally, try not the breath in any raised dust when mixing borax, its recommended to work in a well-ventilated area.
You can purchase pure BORAX here, delivered Australia wide in plastic free packaging.